Friday, October 28, 2011

Elder Reeder - Count Your Blessings

Sep 26, 2011

Hello Family!

So I was thinking in sacrament meeting. Well I used to think I came to a "hard mission" where you dont baptize a lot because I am really strong or something, but actually thinking about it I just need to be purified more. So it is actually the opposite. I just really need to learn something here, and I know that is one word. Love.

This is the 2nd or 3rd week with nobody in church. A lot of people dont want to continue listening or receiving us. One guy who got an answer about the BOM doesnt want to continue. Haha but that is totally normal. By companion is freaking about we are dropping so many people. I explained to him agency and everything hahaha.... but the Lord has his reasons for everything. We just need to trust him.

To answer your questions mom. The reason why we had Pday on Saturday was because of September 18. Independence day in Chile. Everyone gets drunk and it is kind of dangerous to be outside (even though it wasnt here) we had to stay in members houses that weekend. President also moved PDAY to Saturday. I got the electric razor. I really like it, but it there a way to make it cordless? I am not cold. It is actually getting really hot here. I am totally gettin my tan on!!! Whooo!!! Haha and I am becoming the master of soccer, and of using examples so people understand. Less condemnation, better understanding, double win!

I am learning everyone is different. My companion does everything so different. But in the end the fundamentals are the important, your style, or how you do things, your way, doesnt really bmatter. It is like in skateboarding. Like "do a kickfip" and you could do it like a billion different ways. In the end it is the same trick. Same fundamental. Everyone has their own way of going about doing it. Different styles! So yeah I dont complain, well I try to see the good in everything.

I am learning a lot of patience and love.... AGAIN. Appreciating what people have to say, and many other things. Every tells us that we are to so persistent, and overbearing, even members tell us. People get upset with me when i want to set a teaching visit for a specific time. Chileans dont like to commit. But we continue, bold and loving. An interesting combination, but it is neccessary.

I am really happy. As far as teaching goes this week rocked. Guided by the spirit. We are running. Obedient. I feel great. Now it is just patience. We prayed and we thought 3 at first, but i was feeling 4, so we prayed again, we decided the goal for october is 4 baptisms. I have no idea how we are going to do it, but thats what the lord wants. So lets get it done.

I am so grateful for the atonement of our savior Jesus Christ. Every Sunday I have the sweet opportunity to repent. Recognize the things I need to change. Forget the past week. Start over and try again. I am so grateful for the peace that comes from the forgiveness of my mistakes. Others need that. My blessings i have thought about: Remmision of sins, salvation, the gift of th eholy ghost, knowledge, answers, substance, what i am looking for, what fills my thrist for righteousness, security, happiness, faith, peace, protection, strength of leaders, council, understanding, foundation, guidance, forgivenss, anchor, prayer, love.... an SO MANY MORE! Think about it. The good usually outweighs the bad, so why complain? You will usually find what you are looking for.

I LOVE YOU ALL!!! I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. I know that the BOM is true. So nothing else matters.

Elder Reeder

No comments:

Post a Comment